Sunday, December 13, 2009

I love this month

for blog: I need Emily A and Sara D 's MTC address ASAP. So anyone who can supply those please send them to my mom by email (note from Katy's mom: my email is wadsjk@gmail.com) so she can forward them to me! THANKS LOVE YOU! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I love this month
I love this month. I was for sure born in the best month of them all. Everyone is a lot happier around Christmas... maybe its actually because of my birthday and not all the presents. haha TOTALLY KIDDING!

It has been a pretty uneventful week. I don't have much exciting news to share either. We did have our first snow a couple of days ago YUCK... It was more like slush than snow. I got SUPER wet because I wasn't prepared. My feet were so wet they looked like little ole raisins. It was fun! :D I am so not looking forward to the frigidness again. I think Heavenly Father let me forget how cold it really gets so I wouldn't leave. haha.

Well life has been pretty busy. It seems like the Christmas season is even hectic (more than usual if that's even possible) for missionaries too. We have a lot of activities to go to (which is fun but not always as productive as I would like it to be). We have to make sure we still keep up with everyone and do all the additional things. So its fun and bad at the same time. I donno if that made sense but .. yea. So another thing about this time of year is ... the food. HOLY MOLY !!!! People love to give us food. Which is so kind and appreciated but wow. We have a large pile of sweets accumulating on our kitchen counter. We have already taken it and given the piles contents to elders, and homeless people but its already piled up again. haha. Its kinda a joke for our apartment to see who will be able to eat the most or not eat the most. Its a delight none the less.
So transfers are next Wednesday. Its going to be very interesting. So many people are going home. All the sisters I have served with will now be home (obviously other than my current comp). ITS CRAZY THOUGH! We will see what goes down. I have a feeling its going to be a crazy one. I am almost positive I am not leaving this area because President has been talking to me about it but hey you never know. :D I don't know what we are going to be doing on Christmas but no one has gotten their Christmas packages yet so I am guessing they are waiting till Christmas?? weird. The girls I live with and I have gotten so many random Christmas decorations that it looks like Christmas barfed in our apartment. Its seriously such a delight. Other than all the stuff makes me a little claustrophobic.

So we met with an investigator on Monday and he's decided to set a baptismal date for January. I am so proud of him and his amazing faith. Its going to be really hard now and in the future for him I already know but I also know Heavenly Father will protect him and bless him like crazy! All of our other amazing investigators are doing so great... the problem is with the holidays and finals it is soooooo hard to meet with them regularly or even at all. Singles wards are especially hard because everyone goes home for the break. Good thing Yoyo is from NY haha. We are just working to get them solid enough that even over the weeks they are gone they still read and pray and want to meet with us when they return.

Well I love you all thanks so much for all the letters, gifts and support! LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!
-KAIT

No comments: