Hello,
well... i am still here in Manhattan and sis tai is still here too... which means I will be here for at least two more cycles... because sis Tai goes home at the end of this cycle and because we cover a difficult area and have two wards ... they will almost for sure not white wash this area. It was a big surprise to all of us that this happened. Goes to show you ... that you never know whats happening. Even though I am totally baffled by it all I know that Heavenly Father is in control and it will all work out the best way possible.
So we had a great week. On Saturday we had two ward parties. It was fun to get our investigators there and mingling with the members. We made out like bandits with the leftovers. We got to take home 2 whole pizzas from the single's ward and then a bowl of gravy, a pan of mashed potatoes and one of corn, turkey, and two pieces of pie from the family ward. It was fantastic. It was fun to eat some yummy food and be with our awesome members. We really do have a great group of people to work with.
The best part of our week happened on Monday. O I AM JUST SO EXCITED! So we met with an investigator and he has decided be baptized on JANUARY 23rd!!!! Its so happy. He is such an amazing example to me. I am so blessed to have gotten to work with him. He is the pioneer of his family. I know his road will be difficult but I also know that he will be so blessed for his choice. He's going to be an amazing missionary too because of his experience. I am glad too that I get to be here when he gets baptized.
Last night we had our community choir concert put on by Sis Johanson and it was so amazing. I sang in the choir along with 3 of our investigators and some other members, missionaries and friends. It was really cool. The power of music is so amazing. What a perfect way to celebrate our Savior's life this time of year. I am grateful to share my talents to worship him. It was a really great experience. Especially because one of our sweeet recent converts had her parents come and they were really touched. It was all around wonderful thanks to the hard work of sis johanson. She really is an amazing musician.
So today Sis Johanson and Sis Ganaha and Sis Miller go home. All my companions are now "Dead" as they call it other than the one I am with now. Its weird getting to this point because I am going to be the oldest sister missionary when sis tai goes home in a few weeks. ITS SO CRAZY! And a little scary because there have been like no new English sisters coming in so we have a lot more weight to carry. Some of the current English sisters are having a hard time too and so that makes it even harder for the rest of us. Its going to be a challenging next 6 months but I am ready for it! I love a challenge and the mission president knows that and so does Heavenly Father so I shouldn't ever complain when things are hard because .. .hello I asked for it.
We just found out we get to spend Christmas all together as a whole mission. Its going to be a blast!
Well I sure love you all. Thanks for all the Christmas cards and gifts. Its so nice to know that I am loved and remembered this time of year... and because my birthday is this time of year too! I am so lucky to have each of my friends and family in my life!
LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!
TATERS
No comments:
Post a Comment