Saturday, October 23, 2010

101 Kaitlyn-isms

So here are 101 things you probably didn't know (or want to know) about me! I did this a while back on a roomie blog I had and so I edited it a little and now here you can have a small glimpse into the real me...

Kaitlyn 101 begins now! :D

  1. I make noises (like grunts and moans) when I am frustrated, sick and or tired. Or just random doo do doooos and la la to show my happiness.
  2. I used to be obsessed with Lisa Frank stuff when I was younger and still feel a strange gravitational pull when I see it at walmart.
  3. People think my favorite color is pink since my camera and lap top are that color but if you step into my room you will see what it really is… YELLOW!! They just don’t make things in a good yellow.
  4. I bought my laptop and video ipod the day I got my wisdom teeth out. WAY TO GO DRUGS!!
  5. I used to be a cheerleader when I was in 3rd grade and I have hated them ever since.
  6. Since I don’t have a middle name I used to pretend it was Samantha when I was little.
  7. I would live in my PJs if it was socially correct and it totally should be!!1
  8. People like to steal my DVDs…. Grr
  9. Manatees are the best animals ever! So fat and floaty.
  10. I love talking in different voices and will often get caught doing it when im alone.
  11. I love my family sooooo much. My brothers are the greatest ever!
  12. I have an obsession with cute socks
  13. I served a mission in NYC! I never left the city and spent most of my time in Harlem and the Bronx.
  14. My aunt was Ms. Nevada and my Grandma was in the Miss America Pageant. Wonder where those lovely genes disappeared to??
  15. Swedish Fish are my favorite candy and gobstoppers are a close second.
  16. When I was younger my imaginary friend was a walrus. I sadly cant remember his name at this time…
  17. I was born a month premature and have some funky funky ribs because of it.
  18. I can make a three leaf clover with my tongue
  19. I work every Thursday with special needs kids. Just playing and having FUN!
  20. I love to cook and love cookbooks. Whenever I go in a book store I go straight for the cook books.
  21. I write daily in my “happy things book” to remind me of the good things in life!
  22. I have a very keen sense of smell. So if your rankity or stankity… keep away!
  23. I have a list of things I want to do before I die which include things from going on a humanitarian aid trip to skinny dipping!
  24. I may or may not be obsessed with Victoria’s Secret.
  25. I have lived in the same house my whole entire life (minus college and mission).
  26. I love deeply and will do anything for the people I love.
  27. I want to be the greatest mother in the world. I have so many great ideas (both written and in my head) that I want to do with my future family.
  28. The Beatles rock my world.
  29. Jack Johnson also rocks my world.
  30. I REALLY REALLY love music and especially getting new music. I have spent 500+ dollars on itunes. I love that place.
  31. I would always rather spend my money on someone I love than on myself. 100% of the time.
  32. I hate doing dishes but love vacuuming.
  33. I had my first kiss when I was 18.5. Surprised??? Haha I hope not.
  34. I had a small collision with me and in a car and a kid in my ward on a bike when I was 16. Fortunately it was his fault cuz I was going like 5 mph in a parking lot when he flew around the corner and smacked into the side of my car. I still bawled my eyes out and vowed to never drive again.
  35. I shot my little brother in the eye with a rocket… during his birthday party. I didn’t do it on purpose and also bawled my eyes out and vowed to never shoot rockets again. He still brings it up often btw.
  36. When I was little I used to think those big pink bubble gum cigars that said “it’s a girl” on it were the coolest things ever. I would save money for them.
  37. I have a hard time crying in front of people but when I am alone… o man I can cry a river!
  38. I love old people. A lot.
  39. I try to keep all the ticket stubs from movies and significant outings and write whom I went with on the back. I have a lot now and often look at them and reminisce.
  40. My dad was in a band since he was 11 up until he became bishop. He used to play at all the BYU dances when they still had live bands. That’s pimp. :D
  41. I must sleep with a fan. For the noise and the coldness.
  42. I could dance all day every day. Especially if I had my favorite dance partners. OOO BABY!
  43. Harry Potter completes me.
  44. I usually get Streap (?) throat or some other major throat sickness once a year. Thank you post nasal drip!
  45. I really love a good hug. It’s so much more personal than a kiss.
  46. I have never dyed my hair. Tried to get low lights once but my hair lady refused cuz she said people die to have my color. (no pun intended)
  47. I love yellow lilies and have only received them from one boy.
  48. I went on my first date with my dad. And he gave me a purity ring.
  49. I got my purity ring stuck in a lane line while rolling them up at work and it ended up slicing my finger almost half way through. Coolest feeling ever. Not! Worst part was I had to get my ring cut off cuz my finger was swelling so much.
  50. I got a promotion every year for five years working for the City of North Las Vegas Aquatics. My boss liked me.
  51. My boss’ boss bought me pearl earrings when I got my ears pierced when I was 18 and flew me to Denver this last summer to visit her daughter for her 21st birthday. Her daughter happens to be one of my best friends btw.
  52. I truly learned how to type fast when I got addicted to instant messaging. It happens to the best of us.
  53. I get stressed easily and can tell when I am and then I get frustrated with myself. Then my brain explodes. Haha … sorry if this has ever effected you. It also caused my TMJ and ulcers during my mission … and they still hurt me now.
  54. I was notorious for a lot of random things in high school. One of which was my ritual of sliding down the hall in my moccasins. :D
  55. I love pictures A LOT. Please come into my bedroom if you don’t believe me.
  56. If I had a contest with anyone to see who had thinner or finer hair… I would always win. But its soft
  57. People often like to touch me. I am very soft. :D
  58. I am seriously scared of crocodiles and alligators.
  59. I am a very light sleeper. My alarm only has to go off once and I am awake. I have never pushed a snooze button in my life.
  60. My grandma was amazing and went on a mission to Japan. I was her first granddaughter to go on a mission!! Love you Gma!
  61. I participated in scouting for food every year up until I went to college. I was a strange child and really really loved it. My brothers thought I was crazy.
  62. I love the smell of gasoline.
  63. I really hate taking tests and often have bad test anxiety. Even when I know the material.
  64. I know Elf and Finding Nemo pretty much by heart.
  65. I am known for frequently bursting out into song. It just makes every activity brighter.
  66. I am a deep people watcher. I love wondering what people’s lives involve. This is why I cannot study in the library because everyone’s lives are so much more interesting than my HW.
  67. I love rain sooo much. Ok I love Vegas rain. Its so warm and smells so delicious!
  68. I have the biggest phobia of zits and people popping them. BARF! Even if it’s on my own face.
  69. I love stars. Real ones and just the shape. I saw my first shooting star when Dona, Sara, Mel and I were on our way to Bear Lake.
  70. In elementary school my friends and I would play this game to see who could sit on the very hot black top longest before you couldn’t handle the burning anymore. We were the smart kids too… haha
  71. I don’t like ice cream. Or jamba juice really either. Sorry everyone. I don’t really like chocolate either. I can only eat a little bit of sweets.
  72. I aspire to have my own lingerie store when I’m older. One that is appropriate for Mormon couples to attend to without feeling dirty.
  73. I hate talking to people on the phone who don’t know how to have a two sided conversation. Ug
  74. My future home must have: a large bathtub (can at least fit two) and a porch swing. If my family couldn’t ever find me I was always sitting on our front porch, wishing I had a swing.
  75. I have never been a super star athlete but I love going to games and cheering for people and am more knowledgeable about sports than most would think. Thanks to my 3 brothers.
  76. I have been a bridesmaid 5 times so far. And have many to go. Always a bridesmaid never a bride. It’s all good though. I just love my friends! :D
  77. I get very emotional when songs come on that match my emotion. This can be dangerous, especially if I’m sad.
  78. I have never broken a bone or had stitches (other than when I got my wisdom teeth out). I did have to get a toothpick surgically removed from my foot. No stitches were needed.
  79. I have always wanted weird Halloween costumes. For example I have been a huge goldfish and Ms.Yucca Mountain (I had an extra arm).
  80. I love watching dance crews and can barely hold myself back from getting up and joining them. I have the sweetest Jabbawocckies T-shirt!
  81. I have some of the sweetest kicks ever! Air Force Ones, Jordans and etc. I love me some ghetto shoes.
  82. I have to work really hard at school to do decent. Unlike some of my siblings who just do it and rock at it naturally …. Lame
  83. I have the coolest and cutest nephew ever… Janson! :D
  84. I love kids and have been known to have a certain way with them. Or so I hear.
  85. I used to volunteer at the hospital to work with the sick kids there all the time. One time I got to dress up like a valentines day fairy and delivered treats! So fun.
  86. I am studying to be a child life specialist where I get to do stuff like the above. BEST JOB EVER!
  87. I have a lot of friends all over the world that I talk to pretty regularly and I have never been out of the united states. Some examples are; Colombia, Germany, Chile and Mexico.
  88. It is my life goal to NEVER play a game of DDR.
  89. I don’t wear makeup … other than mascara and a tiny bit of cover up here and there.
  90. I have seen the Beatles Love Cirque de Sole Show twice. I donno how to spell it but you get the idea. It’s so great.
  91. I have had a job continuously since I was 16. Only with small gaps where I was looking for one while moving to Idaho and Provo and during and right after the mission.
  92. I love when people sit on my feet to keep them warm and will often burrow them down under the person next to me without even noticing.
  93. I love people even when they don’t love me back.
  94. I know my Savior loves me! And I am his favorite (so are you!)
  95. I love new and different people. I love loving all people.
  96. I learned how to burp when I was 17 from my best friend Krista. People had been desperately trying my whole life to teach me how to get it out. NOW IM A PRO! :D
  97. When im stressed or sad I forget to eat.
  98. I am a foodie like none other. I love finding new places to eat and trying new foods. OOO food how I love thee
  99. I laugh like a goat.. and seriously don’t mean to.
  100. I miss wearing jellies
  101. I LOVE YOU ALL!


The end... and thats just KAITLYN

4 comments:

Dave said...

i love when you post! that list was so fun to read!

Lindsay Rosas said...

you are so freaking cute! i love you!!

Rachel M. said...

Oh Kaitlyn!!! I just really love you!!! Loved reading your list again!!! I re-read your old one when you were on your mission...I may or may not have missed you a lot!! You are the greatest and I miss your laugh! So Nepal was incredible...next year...AFRICA...COME!!

Kyle and Kim said...

Awesome! I loved reading these! You are a talented... and very entertaining writer, hehe. Love ya, Kim