Friday, February 25, 2011

its been some time ...

These last few months have flown by and I have decided I am a terrible blogger! I am pretty busy with life but I know people who are busier and still Blog. So I have no excuses. So here are some quick updates on what has been keeping me busy:


1) I am on the Choose to Give executive committee and our campaign week is coming up soon and so I have been running around trying to finalize videos, have photo shoots, and lots and lots of meetings. It's a neat experience though. I am learning a lot of organizational skills and a lot about team work.

2) I just got called a couple weeks ago as the Relief Society President. I am really excited for this calling. The thing I am most excited about is having stewardship again. There is nothing like having the blessing of praying for the people you are over and receiving revelation about what they can grow closer to the Savior. LOVE IT! I have missed it since the mission. Not that I can't receive inspiration without this calling but its at a much larger scale and i really enjoy it.

On Wednesday I got together with my presidency for a photo shoot... :D We dressed like super heroes! So fun. We will use the pictures with our contact info and give it to all the girls in the ward so they will know "WE ARE HERE TO SAVE THE DAY" if they ever need anything from us.



3) My social life (dating life) has been an int resting one lately. I have been having a hard time to be honest. I feel as though I am cursed! haha. The boys I like, don't like me and the boys that like me are not my type or a lot of times are the room mates of the guys I like. I have really bad luck man!!! Especially because not only do I find out they guys I like, dont like me, I usually have to find out in a very unpleasant way. This has caused me to want to give up in a lot of ways. It makes it hard for me to want to put myself out there when, all I get is... well hurt! But I have realized the blessing of these challenges (or at least I realize there are blessings connected to them). I know that they Lord is building me and my character to be able to be a greater instrument in His hands. He's got something big in store for me that needs me to be strong, full of faith and not easily knocked down. Pretty much He's just toughen me up :D! But... It will all work out. Just gotta trust the Lord! My favorite quote right now is one by Neal A. Maxwell that says " Faith in God includes faith in His timing". :D

4) School is always keeping me busy. I am in a fantastic class right now called Adult Development and Aging. I LOVE IT! We talk about old people and get to do service hours working with them and it's so my kind of thing. It has helped me realize a lot about what is really important in life. We had to read "Tuesday's with Morrie" for the class. O MAN... TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT! I am so glad I did. Life is really about loving people and building relationships. Those are eternal!

Anyways! Sorry this is pretty bland but my life is pretty CRAZY right now! ... off to do homework and do some C2G work!


just Kaitlyn!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Relief Society President!?!?? How lucky are those girls gonna be!

You're amazing, Sister Wadsworth! I hope to see you back in NYC soon!

Brooke said...

love the picture! you're just great and I'm excited for you to be a busy president you'll be great at it!

Kaitlyn Wadsworth said...

aww thanks guys

Lindsay Rosas said...

You are so fantastic!!!! I just love you!!