Monday, December 8, 2008

Becoming Sis. Wadsworth





I have 24 days until I enter the MTC and thoughts of my inadequacy flood my thoughts. I feel as though I am not what I should be yet. I don't feel like I am ready to spread my spiritual wings for my first real test ride. What if I'm not good at it? What if no one wants to listen to me? What if I can't convey the message I want so badly to share?

The thing is, there is no need for "what ifs" because I am a daughter of God. I have a loving Heavenly Father who is watching over me and knows my struggles and concerns. He loves me so much that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to make up for the times when I fall short. Why should I fear when I know that if I am doing my very best, no matter how far I fall from my goal, the Savior will be there to make up the difference. My Heavenly Father and brother, Jesus Christ , want me to succeed.

I know God has prepared a path for me to return to Him. This path is specific to me, with trials and struggles specially designed to strengthen my biggest flaws. Throughout my lifetime God has been preparing me to be His missionary. He has put certain people in my life to help guide and direct me towards this. There have been certain trials and struggles in my life that I didn't understand completely but I know that they have taught me things that I will need to be a good missionary.

I am so grateful for the support of those around me. My family and friends have always been such a strength to me and for that I am forever grateful. I can't wait to make you guys proud but even more I can't wait to serve the Lord whom I owe everything to. I am so grateful that He loved me enough to die for me. I can't wait to share this love with the people in New York City. I promise to do my best to be a great missionary, to be obedient and attentive to the spirit. I will work hard to overcome my inadequacies and shortcomings to become Sis. Wadsworth, the missionary God can make me. I will be striving these next 18 months to truly become an instrument in His hands.

Love you all to the moon... and back,

Sister Kaitlyn Wadsworth

2 comments:

Rachel M. said...

I LOVE YOU!!! You are going to be amazing and the people of NY are so lucky!!!

Mrs. Webb said...

Kaitlyn! Do you have your MTC address yet?